|Moroccan Chicken with Preserved Lemon and Olives|
|1||Large Onion, finely chopped|
|4||Cloves of Garlic|
|1 tbsp||Ground Ginger|
|3/4 tsp||Turmeric Powder|
|3/4 tsp||Saffron Strands|
|Juice of 1 Lemon|
|100g||Preserved Lemon Paste|
|10g||Fresh Coriander Leaves, chopped|
|10g||Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped|
|Salt & Pepper|
|1. Put the chicken into a flameproof casserole, tagine or saucepan.
2. Add the onion, garlic, butter, ginger, cinnamon stick, turmeric, saffron, 1 tsp of salt and some black pepper.
3. Pour in 700ml of water, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and leave to simmer, spooning the sauce over the chicken and turning it over now and then until it it just cooked through - about 40 minutes.
4. Lift the chicken out of the casserole and cover with foil. Add the lemon juice to the casserole, increase the heat and reduce the liquid by about two-thirds.
5. Return the chicken to the casserole with the olives, preserved lemon paste, cover and simmer for the further 20-25 mins.
6. Finally, add the herbs, adjust seasoning and serve, spooning the sauce over and around the chicken.